7 years ago
Pepper & Herb Crusted Sirloin
This steak gets its one-of-a-kind flavor from Lunds & Byerlys Signature Beef Seasoning, featuring robust flavors of onion, garlic, paprika and crushed red pepper.
- 2 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys Signature Beef Seasoning
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1½ pounds Premium Choice Beef Boneless Sirloin Steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup sliced shallots
- ½ cup Zinfandel wine
- 2 cups (1 pint) grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- Mix together Lunds & Byerlys Signature Beef Seasoning with the freshly ground pepper. Rub the seasoning mixture into both sides of steak.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat until hot (1-2 minutes). Add olive oil to skillet; swirl to coat.
- Add steak to skillet; sear 3-4 minutes; turn and sear other side for 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; turn steak again and cook 2 minutes. Turn once again and cook to desired doneness (2-3 minutes). Transfer steak to serving platter; cover with foil.
- Add shallots to pan; sauté 2-3 minutes. Add wine, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of the skillet. Stir in tomatoes; simmer 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle parsley over sauce.
- Slice steak into thin slices and pour tomato sauce over steak. Serve immediately.
- Serve with hot penne pasta tossed with olive oil, shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and freshly ground pepper.