Peanut Butter Blossoms
A classic recipe for everyone’s favorite peanut butter and chocolate cookie.
Makes 5 dozen cookies
Preparation time: 35 minutes
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
4 ounces (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
½ cup smooth peanut butter
½ cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
½ cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Nonstick spray or vegetable oil for cookie sheet, optional
5 dozen (one 11-ounce package) Hershey’s Kisses, foil removed, or Brach’s Stars
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, peanut butter, ½ cup granulated sugar and light brown sugar.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture, mixing thoroughly. If the dough is very soft, refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375 F. Spray, oil or line a cookie sheet with nonstick liner and set aside.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. (For exactly 5 dozen cookies, divide the dough into 5 pieces, and shape each piece into 12 balls.)
- Roll cookies in sugar and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake until very light brown and puffed, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven and lightly press a chocolate into the center of each cookie, allowing it to crack slightly. Return to oven until light golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from oven, cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Recipe source: New York Times