Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Twin Cities food blogger greens & chocolate tosses her red potatoes with butter, Parm, Italian seasoning and garlic before she roasts them, so they’re super crispy, cheesy and flavorful. A perfect side dish or the whole meal? You tell us.
Like most Midwesterners, I appreciate a good potato side dish at dinnertime. I’m not picky, and I like anything from mashed potatoes and baked potatoes to Tater Tots and French fries. Potatoes pretty much go with anything, I’d say!
Since my boys aren’t fans of mashed potatoes or baked potatoes, I’ve been trying to get creative with the potato dishes I make for dinner. Roasting potatoes can be a little tricky, as I’ve found that sometimes they lack flavor and seem dried out. Luckily, I’ve finally created the winning recipe for roasted potatoes. Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes are everything I want in a roasted potato. They are crispy but tender, cheesy and flavorful, and my kids loved them!
Making these roasted potatoes really is so simple, too. The diced baby red potatoes get tossed in melted butter, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic and grated Parmesan cheese. The combination of butter and olive oil is key in getting crispy potatoes that are still tender and not dried out after roasting.
Not only is the texture and bite of these roasted potatoes perfect, but they are so incredibly flavorful from the Italian seasoning, garlic and Parmesan. I love how the Parmesan is crispy in spots, and the bits with big chunks of crispy Parmesan are my favorite.
If you want a true testament to how delicious these potatoes are, I’ll admit to you that I made an entire meal out of them. TWICE. They are seriously THAT good and hard to stop eating. That said, this recipe makes enough for about 4 to 6 side dish servings, unless you’re like me and decide to go all in. In that case, it’s a solid two servings.
As I mentioned, I think potatoes go well with any main dish, but in particular, I think these would be perfect with a Sous Vide Rib Eye, roasted chicken, or any kind of fish!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
2 pounds baby red potatoes
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
Chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the red potatoes into bite-size pieces. I had fairly large red potatoes so I cut them in half, and then cut each half into quarters.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic and ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle the mixture over the potatoes and toss well to combine and evenly distribute.
- Lay the potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese on the potatoes and bake another 5 to 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley.