5 years ago
No-Bake Honey Nut Scooter Bars
These easy peanut butter and chocolate dessert bars make a wonderful weeknight treat for your family!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups Malt-O-Meal Honey Nut Scooters
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butterscotch chips, peanut butter and butter.
- Cook in the microwave at medium power for 2 minutes; stir and continue to cook in 30-second increments until melted.
- Add vanilla extract; stir until smooth.
- Fold the cereal into the mixture until combined.
- Put the marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl and cook in the microwave for 1 minute on high; stir until smooth.
- Fold the melted marshmallows into the cereal mixture until combined.
- Press the mixture into a greased 9×13 pan, using your fingers or the bottom of a measuring cup to flatten the mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave them in 30-second increments until shiny; stir until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the cereal mixture and sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
- Chill until firm, then cut into bars.
Recipe adapted from Post