Salad with Fair Trade Yellowfin Tuna
Lunds & Byerlys continues to expand our Responsibly Sourced seafood offerings
with our Fair Trade certified
yellowfin tuna – a perfect addition to this beautiful, savory salad. Customers can now buy yellowfin tuna with the
peace of mind of knowing it was caught sustainably and is green rated by the
Monterey Bay Aquarium. Available every day at the seafood counter at all our
time: 45 minutes
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 2 cups gold creamer potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup Champagne Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 4 (6-ounce) yellowfin tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
- 10 ounces spring mix greens
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 2 (75-ounce) jars quartered, marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- ½ cup niçoise olives
- Blanch sugar snap peas in boiling water for 30 seconds; drain. Rinse in
cold water; drain.
- In large saucepan, place potatoes in water to cover; add salt. Bring to
a boil; reduce heat. Cook, covered, until potatoes are just tender when pierced
with a fork (15-20 minutes). Drain. Cut warm potatoes in half.
- Toss peas, potatoes and onion with ½ cup Champagne Vinaigrette (see
recipe below); marinate up to 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Spray grill rack with non-stick cooking
spray. Using direct heat cooking method, grill tuna 4-5 inches over the heat,
turning once, until desired doneness (2-5 minutes per side). An indoor grill
pan or sauté pan will
work fine, too.
- Line large platter or dinner plates with spring mix.
- Drain marinated vegetables; arrange in sections over spring mix.
- Cut tuna steaks into thin slices; arrange in a section along with
tomatoes, egg wedges and artichokes.
- Top with olives and drizzle with remaining ½ cup Champagne Vinaigrette.
time: 5 minutes
- ⅓ cup Champagne vinegar
- ⅓ cup snipped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup garlic-flavored olive oil
- In small bowl, whisk together Champagne vinegar, basil, shallots, Dijon
mustard and salt.
- While whisking constantly, slowly pour in garlic-flavored olive oil
- Refrigerate several hours, if desired. Bring to room temperature and
whisk before using.