5 years ago
Mediterranean Chicken with Pasta
This delicious dinner is bursting with fresh flavors!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 6 ounces penne, bow tie or ziti pasta
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ½ tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini or yellow squash, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup julienned fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese or crumbled goat cheese for serving (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a 10×15″ jelly roll pan or shallow roasting pan, combine chicken and peppers. Drizzle with oil; toss well to coat. Bake in a 475 F oven for 5 minutes; add zucchini and toss well. Continue baking 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with vinegar, salt and pepper; toss well.
- Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture with basil and rosemary; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Variation: 12 ounces shelled and deveined uncooked large shrimp may be substituted for chicken. Add with zucchini.