Mascarpone Sherbet with Macerated Berries
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 8 ounce mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Macerated Fresh Fruit, (recipe below)
Creamy frozen tart mascarpone topped with sweet wine-soaked berries for an intriguing dessert.
- In small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Cool completely. In medium bowl, whisk yogurt and mascarpone cheese until smooth. Gently stir in lemon juice and cooled syrup. Spoon into 8x12-inch glass baking dish. Cover; freeze until firm, stirring twice (about 3-4 hours).
- To Serve: Scoop sherbet into individual dessert dishes. Top withMacerated Fresh Fruit.
- In small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon red wine, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil stirring to dissolve sugar. Transfer to glass bowl; cool. Stir in 1 cup blueberries and 1 cup raspberries. Let stand for 45 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Macerated Fresh Fruit:
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.