Manhattan Strip Roast with Horseradish Cream Sauce
Our Manhattan Strip Roast is a customer favorite! It comes marinated in our exclusive seasoning and cooks up in about an hour. A must-have for any dinner party or holiday celebration.
Serves 8-12 people
Preparation time: 1- 1 ½ hours
1 Manhattan Strip Roast
2 bunches rosemary or thyme
For the horseradish sauce:
1 cup (8 ounces) crème fraîche
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons grated horseradish, preferably freshly grated
Small pinch cayenne
Salt and pepper
To prepare roast:
- Place on a roasting pan with fat side up.
- Cook uncovered for 20 minutes at 475 F.
- Reduce oven to 275 F and roast for an additional 30 minutes for medium rare or 50 minutes for medium well (ovens may vary). As a reference, your meat thermometer should read 130 F for medium rare, 140 F for medium and 150 F for medium well.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and drizzle with juices from roasting pan to serve.
For the horseradish cream sauce:
In a small bowl combine crème fraîche, Dijon mustard, horseradish and cayenne pepper. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir until combined.