Lunds Original Potato Salad Recipe
Customers have been enjoying Lunds Original Potato Salad in our deli for years – and now you can make it at home!
Preparation time: 40 minutes
½ cup sugar
2 ½ teaspoons salt
1 ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
3 pounds cooked, peeled, warm potatoes, cut into ¾-inch cubes (Yukon Gold work well)
1 ¾ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
¾ cup diced celery
¼ cup chopped onion
4 teaspoons diced pimientos, drained
- To cook potatoes: Peel potatoes and cut into ¾ inch cubes.
- Add potatoes to a pot, cover with water by about one inch and add a pinch of salt.
- Bring water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until potatoes are just tender, 8 to 12 minutes.
- To assemble salad: Combine sugar, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl; stir to blend. Add warm cooked potatoes and mix gently.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar; stir until smooth.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to potatoes and mix gently.
- Add eggs, celery, onion and pimientos to potato mixture; mix just until all ingredients are coated.
- Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.