Lunds & Byerlys Fresh Guacamole
Servings:*12 one ounce servings
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Jalepeño pepper, finely chopped with seeds (see note below)
- 4 Hass Avocados, ripe
- 2 tablespoons Italia Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, (fine or medium grind)
- 1-2 Bushel Boy Vine Ripened Tomatoes, diced
- Wash and air dry cilantro and jalapeno pepper. Finely chop pepper and cilantro; set aside. Cut avocado in half, remove pit and reserve. Scoop into a medium size bowl; discard skin. Add lime juice and salt then mash, using a fork or potato masher, until texture is about half chunky and half smooth and all ingredients are combined. Fold in cilantro, jalapeno and tomatoes. Serve immediately or refrigerate in airtight container for up to 4 days. (Hint: store with pit to help reduce the natural browning that occurs when the avocado is exposed to the oxygen in the air.)
- Amount: 12-14 one ounce servings
Note: Leave seeds in for more heat; remove for milder taste.
Hint: Washed cilantro can be placed in lettuce spinner to remove excess water. When trimming the cilantro, use about half of the stems as they contain more flavor then leaves if you really want a punch of cilantro flavor.