Lobster Tails For Two - Microwaved
- 14 ounce lobster tails, thawed
- melted butter or margarine
- Clarified Butter, (below)
While the lobster is microwaving, broil two small beef tenderloin filets for a surf 'n turf dinner.
- With kitchen shears, cut through the back of lobster shell down center and stop at tail (fan end). Gently open shell. Slide fingers between shell and lobster, separating flesh from shell and leaving attached to fan end. Lift flesh through split shell to rest on top of shell (piggy back). Rinse lobster; pat dry with paper towels. Arrange lobster in 8x8 inch glass baking dish with tails pointing in opposite directions. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with paprika. Cover with plastic wrap; vent one corner. Microwave (HIGH) 2 minutes; rotate dish 1/2 turn. Microwave (HIGH) 1 1/2 minutes. Let stand, covered, 4 minutes. Lobster is done when flesh is opaque throughout. If center is still slightly translucent, return lobster to microwave for 20-30 seconds and check again. Serve with lemon wedges and Clarified Butter.
- In 2 cup glass measure, microwave (HIGH) 1/2 cup butter until melted (about 1 minute). Let stand a few minutes to allow milk solids to settle to bottom. Skim foam from top. Pour off clear liquid (clarified butter); discard milk solids.
- -Recipe tested in 650-700 watt microwave oven. - For 1 (7 ounce) lobster tail, prepare for cooking as above. Microwave (HIGH) 2 1/2 minutes. Let stand, covered, 3 minutes. - Use the specified size lobster tail called for in the recipe. - Be sure tails are completely thawed. - Check doneness after the standing time to prevent overcooking.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.