Loaded Chopped Salad
What makes a salad great? Lots of components, a variety of complementary flavors and textures, and a stick-to-your-bones quality. Also, to be honest, we like our salads to come together in a snap. Prep should be a breeze. So we sent our most serious salad connoisseurs into the test kitchen to create a memorable, easy-to-make salad that brims with flavor and texture.
The result is this flavorful and filling Loaded Chopped Salad. It’s the kind of salad that’ll leave you feeling satisfied until your next meal, thanks to crispy bacon and diced chicken (bonus: we used rotisserie chicken from our deli to save time). Crumbled Gorgonzola and L&B Creamy Balsamic Dressing add an unmissable umami. A handful of different greens mixed with cherry tomatoes and green and red onions make this salad a textural treat.
Another thing we appreciate about this salad is that every component is roughly the same size. No huge chunks of lettuce or thick slabs of onion. Every stab of the fork comes up with a medley of right-sized deliciousness.
8 to 12 servings
Preparation time: 35 minutes
3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
2 cups spring greens mix
2 ½ cups chopped radicchio
3 cups cooked orecchiette pasta
2 cups diced L&B Rotisserie Chicken
¾ cup crumbled cooked bacon
1 ½ cups halved cherry tomatoes
1 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
½ cup thinly sliced red onion
½ cup sliced pepperoncini
Zest of ½ lemon
2 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
1 cup L&B Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- In a large bowl, toss together the romaine, spring greens mix and radicchio.
- Add the orecchiette, rotisserie chicken, bacon, cherry tomatoes, ¾ cup green onions, red onion and pepperoncini. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest, Gorgonzola cheese and remaining green onions on top of the salad and season with black pepper.
- Drizzle on balsamic dressing and serve immediately.
- Salad can be stored in the refrigerator, undressed, for up to 2 days.