Baked Lemon Raspberry French Toast
- 1 pound loaf French bread, cut into cubes
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 3½ cups milk
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional but delicious)
- Zest from 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- Juice of 1 lemon
Grease 9×13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place half of the cubed bread in the bottom of the baking dish, top with half of the raspberries, then repeat with remaining bread and raspberries.http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
In a bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, maple syrup, extracts, zest and lemon juice.
Pour mixture over bread and raspberries.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
On the morning of, remove from refrigerator and let sit for 30 minutes.
Heat oven to 350 F.
Bake for 35-45 minutes, until lightly golden and cooked through. Cover with foil for the last 10-15 minutes to prevent the top from burning.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup. Enjoy!