4 years ago
The next time you’re in the mood for lasagna, don’t layer it – just roll it! This family-friendly dinner comes together in about an hour.
Preparation time: 1 hour
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 1 jar Lunds & Byerlys Marinara Sauce
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 3 small portabella mushrooms, diced
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 6 basil leaves
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and toss pasta with 1 tablespoon olive oil and lay flat on a sheet tray.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté ground beef until fully cooked.
- Add sauce and ½ cup water; bring to a simmer.
- In another skillet, sauté onions in remaining olive oil about 3-4 minutes, then add zucchini and mushrooms and sauté another 2 minutes until browned.
- In a large bowl, stir veggies into the ricotta cheese and fold in eggs and basil.
- Spread cheese filling onto the 16 lasagna sheets and roll them up.
- In a 13” x 9” dish add 1 cup of meat sauce and spread evenly.
- Add lasagna rolls and cover with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake covered with foil 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook 5 additional minutes, until cheese is brown.
- Remove from oven. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Barilla.