Key Lime Pie
- 1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 large egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 14ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- ⅔ cup Key lime juice
- ½ cup whipped cream
- Lime zest for garnish
A variation of a classic.
Heat oven to 350 F.
Stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and cinnamon. Evenly press into a 9-inch pie dish.
Bake at 350 F for 12 minutes or until firm.
Remove crust from oven and lower oven temp to 325 F.
Whisk the egg yolks with cream of tartar until frothy. Stir in condensed milk, then whisk in lime juice until fully incorporated.
Pour filling into pie crust and bake at 325 F for about 15 minutes, or until set.
Let pie cool on a rack, then refrigerate until chilled before serving.
Top with whipped cream and garnish with fresh lime zest.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.