Italian Panna Cotta with Raspberry Sauce
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 package (2 12 teaspoons) Knox unflavored gelatin
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Paradigm Raspberry Sauce
A cool, creamy dessert that is as white as snow.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the whipping cream into small bowl. Stir in gelatin; let stand until gelatin softens, about 10 minutes. In medium saucepan, combine remaining 1 1/2 cups whipping cream and sugar; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Whisk in gelatin mixture until gelatin dissolves (about 2minutes); then buttermilk, vanilla and almond extract. Divide mixture equally among eight (8 ounce) wine of dessert glasses. Refrigerate, uncovered, overnight.
- To Serve: Drizzle desired amount of Raspberry Sauce over panna cotta.
- Tips: For traditional molded panna cotta, lightly oil eight (4 ounce) ramekins. Divide panna cotta equally among ramekins. To unmold, loosen panna cotta with moistened fingers or run small knife around edge of ramekins. If necessay, dip bottom of ramekin a few seconds in hot water. Invert onto plates.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.