Italian Grinder Sandwich
- 1 L&B French Bread
- ¼ cups unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon L&B Italian Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- ½ large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped jarred Calabrian chiles
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ cups mayonnaise
- 8 ounces L&B Hickory Wood Smoked Boneless Sliced Ham
- 8 ounces sliced Italian mortadella with pistachios
- 8 ounces thinly sliced soppressata
- 8 ounces sliced black pepper salami
Heat the broiler to high.
Using a serrated knife, slice the French bread in half lengthwise. Using your hands, tear out the middle section of soft bread from each half of the loaf, leaving a ¼”-thick border. Crumble the soft bread into small pieces and reserve half of it.
In a small pot over low heat, melt the butter with the olive oil, Italian seasoning, minced garlic and reserved bread. Using a spoon or pastry brush, evenly coat the inside of the cut loaf with the seasoned butter and bread.
Evenly layer the provolone cheese slices on both sides of the bread and broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Remove the bread from the oven and set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together the iceberg lettuce, red onion, Calabrian chiles, kosher salt, black pepper, white wine vinegar and mayonnaise to create a slaw.
On the bottom slice of bread, evenly layer the smoked ham and mortadella. Top with the slaw, followed by the soppressata and black pepper salami.
Close the sandwich and slice into 4 to 6 portions. Enjoy!