Instant Pot Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup
A gently sweet and mildly spicy Thai-style vegetable soup made right in your Instant Pot.
Preparation time: 35 minutes
1 bunch baby bok choy, white stems separated from green leaves
2 tablespoons safflower or olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
2 tablespoons red curry paste
1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 quart chicken or vegetable stock
2 teaspoons Asian fish sauce
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
1 (13-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
8 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
2 limes: 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Slice the bok choy stems into ½-inch pieces. Slice the leaves into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Using the sauté function, heat the oil in the Instant Pot. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and curry paste; cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the sweet potato and the white stems of the bok choy, along with the stock. Bring to a simmer and add the fish sauce and brown sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the coconut milk and salt; cover and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the vermicelli noodles according to the package directions.
- Release the pressure manually. Remove the lid and stir in the bok choy greens until wilted. Add the lime juice and more salt to taste.
- Divide the noodles among the individual bowls and ladle the soup on top, garnishing with cilantro and lime wedges.
Recipe source: Dinner in an Instant