Hikers’ Chunky Granola Snack
Nutrient-rich seeds, dried fruits and coconut mixed with locally-made Seven Sundays Muesli. The perfect healthy, on-the-go snack.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
2 cups Seven Sundays Muesli (any flavor; we used the Cinnamon Currant mix)
2 tablespoons egg whites
¼ cup pumpkin seeds, roasted and unsalted
¼ cup Full Circle Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
3 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon chia seeds
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup dried cherries or cranberries
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon coconut oil
¼ cup brown cane sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon honey
- Heat oven to 275 F. Line a cookie sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine Seven Sundays Muesli and egg whites until well distributed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin seeds, coconut, sesame seeds, chia seeds, sea salt and dried cherries. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; whisk over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is emulsified. Remove from heat.
- Mix muesli with seed and fruit mixture. Pour in sugar mixture and stir with a spatula until well coated.
- Pour onto the prepared sheet pan and press into an oval shape that is ⅓-inch thick, pressing down to keep the mixture together. Note: The mixture should not fit the pan entirely or it will be too thin.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Cool completely at room temperature. Once cool, break into large chunks and store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.