5 years ago
Grilled Stuffed Poblanos
Ready for some Mexican comfort food? This tasty meatless meal combines fresh flavors and spicy poblanos with delicious baked beans.
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans, drained
- 6 large poblano peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1½ teaspoons hot sauce
- 12 ounces Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese, coarsely grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut poblano peppers in half lengthwise to create a boat for filling; scrape out seeds.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Add onion, garlic, jalapeños, red bell pepper, cilantro and cumin and cook over medium heat until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in baked beans, hot sauce and 8 ounces cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed poblanos and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Heat grill to medium. Arrange poblanos on grill away from heat. Cook until peppers are tender and cheese is browned and bubbling, 30-40 minutes. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Recipe source: Bush’s Beans