Grilled Sirloin and Blue Cheese Salad
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 1/4 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, (about 1-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- 2 medium tomatoes, (1 red, 1 yellow), cut into wedges
- 8 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 cup thin cucumber slices
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
Serve this salad with crusty rolls and your favorite Merlot or Italian Sangiovese.
- Whisk together first 8 ingredients. Place steak in food storage bag. Pour ½ cup vinaigrette over steak; seal bag. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinaigrette. To Grill: Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Spray grill rack with no stick cooking spray. Using direct heat cooking method, arrange steak on grill rack 4-5 inches above medium-hot coals. Grill, turning once, until meat thermometer registers 140 F for medium-rare (8-11 minutes) or until desired doneness. Let stand 5 minutes; cut into thin slices. Whisk chives into reserved vinaigrette. Toss 1 tablespoon vinaigrette with tomatoes. Combine spinach, cucumbers, olives and ½ cup blue cheese. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over greens; toss to coat. Divide salad among 4 dinner plates. Top with tomatoes and steak slices; sprinkle with remaining blue cheese.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.