- Vegetable Oil, for grill
- 4 (6 to 8 ounce) center cut salmon fillets, no more than 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Tartar Sauce
- Prior to starting grill; brush grill grate lightly with vegetable oil.
- Prepare a hot fire. (If you can hold your hand comfortably 5 inches above heat source for 2 seconds, the fire is hot.)
- Rinse salmon under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Brush salmon with the oil to add moisture during cooking process.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place salmon, flesh side down, on grill grate. Cook 5 to 6 minutes. For easier turning; slide prongs of barbecue fork between bars of grill grate and slide under salmon. Gently lift and slide a spatula under salmon. Turn and cook 5 to 6 minutes longer or until fish is opaque and slightly firm. (Turn fish only once.)
- Transfer salmon to serving plates and serve immediately with tartar sauce.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.