Green Tea Crème Brûlée
- 1/2 cup Organic Valley™ Half & Half
- 3 tablespoons Tea Tech™ Green Tea Extract, (unflavored, sugar free)
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Valley™ Heavy Whipping Cream
- 5 1/2 tablespoons Florida Crystals Organic Sugar, divided
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split
- 1/16 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 Organic Valley™ Egg Yolks
This delicious dessert offers nutrition and a rich creamy texture. Serve it with a fragrant cup of freshly brewed Mrs. Kelly’s Green Tea.
- In a small, non-reactive pan over medium heat, bring half-and-half to just under a boil while stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in tea extract; cool. In a separate non-reactive pan, heat whipping cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, vanilla bean and salt over medium heat, stirring constantly until just under a boil; cool. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into cream; discard vanilla pod. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with 1 tablespoon sugar until sugar is dissolved. Slowly whisk in cooled half-and-half and cream mixtures. Strain through a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth. Divide custard between 4 to 6 8-ounce custard cups. Arrange dishes in a baking pan. Place pan on center rack in preheated 275 F oven. Carefully pour hot water into pan to cover halfway up the sides of dishes. Bake until custard sets (about 40-45 minutes). Remove custard dishes from water bath; allow to cool slightly. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 4 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar on each custard. Using a kitchen blowtorch, caramelize the tops. Tip: You can also brown the sugar in a preheated broiler, carefully turning to avoid hot spots.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.