Goat Cheese Spinach Salad with Cranberries
- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoons honey
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the salad:
- 4 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- ½ cup crumbled plain goat cheese
- 2 large ripe pears, sliced thin
Whisk orange juice, vinegar, mustard, honey and oil in a small bowl until well combined.
Add dried cranberries. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Just before serving, place spinach leaves, red onion, walnuts and half of the goat cheese in large bowl; toss with dressing to evenly coat.
Add the crumbled goat cheese and pear slices on top of the salad.
Divide salad between 6 plates, being sure to evenly distribute the cranberries. Serve immediately.