Ginger Strawberry Mojito
Spicy ginger and sweet strawberries come together in this tangy, refreshing twist on a traditional Cuban mojito.
Makes 1 drink
Preparation time: 10 minutes
1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
1 tablespoon (½ ounce) fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
4 tablespoons (2 ounces) spiced rum
2 tablespoons (1 ½ ounces) ginger ale
4 medium Driscoll’s strawberries, hulled and quartered, plus 1 for garnish
12 sprigs fresh mint, plus 1 for garnish
- Place chopped ginger in a cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Add quartered strawberries, mint sprigs and lime juice and muddle again.
- Add ice, brown sugar and rum.
- Shake vigorously to combine.
- Strain into a double old-fashioned glass over fresh ice. Top with ginger ale. Garnish with remaining strawberry and mint sprig.
Recipe source: Driscoll’s