Ginger-Lime Rice Salad
- For ginger-lime dressing:
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- Grated zest of 2 limes
- ¼ cup freshly squeeze lime juice
- 2 tablespoons seasoned gluten-free rice vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For rice salad:
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup ubed extra-firm tofu
- ⅓ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted raw cashews
Whisk together ginger-lime dressing ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
Combine cooked rice, bell pepper and tofu in a large bowl. Add dressing. Toss until combined.
Garnish with scallions and cashews.
Per serving: 408 calories, 18g protein, 33g carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 26g total fat (4g sat, 13g mono, 3g poly), 302 mg sodium. Excellent source of vitamin C and manganese. Good source of iron. Fair source of vitamin B3 (niacin), B6, calcium, copper, magnesium, phosphorus and selenium.
Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.