Don’t miss out on this amaize-ing locally-grown sweet corn
This rare breed of white corn is the result of 22 years of development by George Crookham and Bruce Hobdey. Starting back in 1989, they used traditional hybridization methods to test over 10,000 varieties of corn. Finally, in 2011, they found the perfect balance of flavor and texture and launched Amaize Sweet Corn in select stores across the United States.
Amaize is known for its delicate texture and exceptional sweetness. The kernels pop right off the cob when you take a bite! Amaize Sweet Corn is locally grown and hand-harvested exclusively for Lunds and Byerly’s stores by Bert Bouwman in Brooklyn Park.
There’s no better way to eat corn than on the grill! Just follow these simple steps:
- Peel back husks, but do not remove them from the base of the cobs.
- Remove silk from the cobs
- Fold husks back into place and soak cobs in water bath for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat grill to high and place cobs in husks on grill.
- Grill for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Husks will blacken.
- When cobs are done, remove from grill and carefully peel back and remove husks.
- For more of a grilled flavor, peel back husks and return cobs to grill for a few minutes on each side.
Amaize is also delicious raw with a tiny pinch of salt or sliced right off the cob for salads. It’s perfectly sweet and crunchy, with no need for butter.
This is some of the best sweet corn you can buy, but it’s only grown and harvested during the summer months…so get yours before it’s gone! Look for Amaize Sweet Corn in our produce department.