Fresh Ham or Pork Loin Roast
- 1 boneless fresh ham or boneless pork loin roast, 4-6 pound
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Spicy Lingonberry Sauce, below
Allow 1/3-1/4 pound per person.
- Place pork on rack in shallow roasting pan. Combine mustard, salt, garlic, pepper and cardamom; rub into roast. Roast, uncovered, in a preheated 325 F oven until meat thermometer registers 155 F (about 25-30 minutes/pound for fresh ham; 29-33 minutes/pound for loin roast). Let stand 10 minutes before carving. Serve with Spicy Lingonberry Sauce.
- Spicy Lingonberry Sauce Combine 1 (.50-.60 pound) carton lingonberries (drained), 1/4 cup sauterne wine, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2-3/4 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel and 1 teaspoon grated orange peel in saucepan; bring to boiling. Reduce heat, simmer until thickened (15-20 minutes), stirring occasionally.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.