2 months ago
Flatbread With Spring Toppings
Hello, spring! With crunchy snap peas, tender asparagus, zingy dressing and a thin, crispy crust, this flatbread is bright and fresh — great for an April dinner or a hearty happy-hour nosh. The ricotta cheese is light and creamy, and it’s in perfect proportion with the other ingredients. The prosciutto brings what it brings to every dish it’s in: a big hit of umami and salty perfection.
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and heat to 500 F. Remove the woody ends from 1 bunch asparagus and cut the spears into 2”-long pieces. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the zest and juice of 1 lemon, 2 Tbsp minced fresh basil, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, ½ tsp kosher salt, ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper and ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour. Divide 12 oz L&B pizza dough in half. Roll each half into an ⅛”-thick oval crust. Transfer each crust to a piece of parchment paper.
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp lemon vinaigrette over each crust. Top each with half the asparagus tips, ⅓ cup sugar snap peas, ⅓ cup ricotta, ½ cup shredded whole-milk mozzarella and 1 oz torn prosciutto.
- Use a pizza peel to transfer the flatbreads and parchment to the oven and bake for 2 minutes. Remove the parchment paper, increase the heat to broil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the mozzarella is melted and the crust is charred in spots. Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette, sprinkle with black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes and garnish with more basil leaves. Serve hot.