Egg Salad with Fried Egg
Classic egg salad with a decadent twist, topped with a perfectly runny fried egg.
Makes 4 sandwiches
Preparation time: 20 minutes
6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
¼ cup finely diced red onion
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon minced chives
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 teaspoons lime juice
1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
2 teaspoons curry powder
Salt and pepper to taste
8 slices sourdough bread
2 tablespoons butter, divided
- In a medium bowl combine hard boiled eggs, red onion, cilantro and chives.
- Gently stir in mayonnaise, mustard, lime juice, tabasco sauce and curry powder until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread egg salad on 4 slices of sourdough bread.
- Melt ½ tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Fry 1 egg over medium, until the yolk is still slightly runny. Repeat with the remaining butter and eggs.
- Place 1 fried egg on top of each of the egg salad sandwiches. Top with remaining 4 slices of bread. Slice in half and serve.