Delicata Squash Crostini
With creamy goat cheese, velvety squash and tart pomegranate seeds, this colorful appetizer features all your favorite flavors of fall. Pairs nicely with La Crema Chardonnay.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
1 delicata squash
Salt & pepper
1 L&B baguette
½ cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
1 (3-ounce) goat cheese log
Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Halve squash, remove seeds and cut into half-moon slices; then, cut each of those slices in half. Note: Delicata squash skin is tender enough to eat when cooked, so there’s no need to peel it.
- Brush squash slices with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes in a 400 F oven.
- Slice the baguette into ¼-inch slices and brush with olive oil on both sides. Bake at 350 F for 5-7 minutes.
- Heat hazelnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, tossing occasionally, until nuts are browned and toasted.
- Spread goat cheese on the crostini; top each one with a slice of roasted squash, a few pomegranate seeds, hazelnuts and rosemary to serve.