Curried Pumpkin Soup
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup Milk
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in broth, curry powder, coriander and pepper. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and milk; simmer until heated through (about 5 minutes). Do not boil.
- Reduced Sodium: Replace chicken broth with 2 (10 1/2 ounces) cans ready-to-serve low salt chicken broth. 148 mg sodium per serving.
- Diabectic Exchange (for original recipe): 1/4 milk exchange & 2 vegetable exchanges & 2 fat exchanges per serving.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.