Crunchy French Toast
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups granola cereal without fruit
- 8 slices Lunds and Byerlys Cobblestone Bread
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- sliced bananas
- pancake syrup
The crunch comes from the granola cereal.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and half-and-half. Pulse granola cereal in bowl of food processor until coarsely ground. Preheat nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip bread in egg mixture, then in granola, making sure that both sides are evenly coated. Add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet. Sauté 2 slices of prepared bread in skillet until golden brown (about 2 1/2-3 minutes per side). Repeat with remaining butter and bread slices.
- To serve: Arrange banana slices over French toast. Drizzle with pancake syrup.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.