Cream of Broccoli Soup
Servings:*14 cups pulled pork
- 3/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 10 cups Milk
- 3 packages frozen chopped broccoli, 10 ounce
- 2 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon White Pepper
Use fresh or frozen broccoli for this first course or main dish soup.
- Melt margarine in heavy 4 quart kettle or Dutch oven over medium heat; saute onion until tender. Blend in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk and remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; boil and stir 1 minute.
Variation: Substitute 2 1/4 pounds fresh broccoli for frozen broccoli. Cut broccoli stems into 3/4" pieces; cut florets into 1" pieces. Fill Dutch oven half full of water; bring to a boil. Drop stems into water; boil 3-4 minutes. Add florets; boil 1 minute longer. Drain, rinse with cold water. Proceed as in recipe above.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.