Corned Beef Brisket Dinner
- 2 pounds Brookfield Farms™ Corned Beef Brisket
- 3 tablespoons Lunds and Byerlys Signature Beef seasoning
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 12 small new potatoes
- 6 medium carrots
- 1 head cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Place beef, fat side up, in glass baking dish. Sprinkle seasoning over beef; add garlic, onion and 2 cups water. Cover tightly with foil; bake until fork tender (2½-3 hours). Transfer to cutting board; reserve liquid. Allow to stand 15-20 minutes before cutting into ½ inch thick slices.
- Transfer reserved liquid to large saucepan; bring to a boil. Add potatoes and carrots, adding enough water to cover vegetables. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Add cabbage and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender (12-15 minutes). Serve vegetables with beef slices.
- 6 slices Lunds or Byerly’s Old World Pumpernickel bread
- 9 tablespoons Smith & Wollensky™ Thousand Island Dressing, divided
- 1½ cups drained sauerkraut
- 8 ounces Emmentaler cheese, cut into thin slices
- Prepare beef as above, omitting potatoes, carrots and cabbage.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Arrange pumpernickel on baking sheet; toast in oven 6-8 minutes. Spread 1 tablespoon dressing on each slice of bread. Spoon ¼ cup sauerkraut onto each slice of bread. Arrange two slices corned beef on each sandwich; top with cheese slices.
- Turn oven to broil. Broil until cheese melts. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Open-Faced Reuben Sandwich (Tip for left-over brisket):
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.