Cleansing Breakfast Soup
- 4 cups boiling water
- ⅓ cup shiitake mushrooms, dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoons L&B Sea Salt
- ½ cup cabbage or bok choy, sliced thin
- ¼ cup celery, thin bias cut
- ½ cup carrots, julienned
- ½ cup firm organic tofu, diced
- 1 heaping cup Earthbound Farm Organic “Zen” Greens
- 1 cup snow peas, thin bias cut
- 3 tablespoons organic white miso
- ¼ cup green onions, thin bias cut
- In a small saucepan add water, dried shiitakes, ginger, garlic and sea salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. This will help concentrate the broth.
- Strain broth through a fine mesh strainer, discarding mushrooms, ginger and garlic bits, so you are left with a clear broth.
- Place broth back in saucepan; add cabbage, celery and carrots, then simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Add diced tofu, greens and snow peas into the saucepan and heat for 1-2 minutes, or until greens are wilted.
- Remove from heat. Dissolve miso in 2-3 tablespoons of your prepared broth then stir into soup. Divide into bowls and garnish with green onions.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.