Classic Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings, (about 5 per pound)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 gallon plastic food storage bag
Marinate overnight in a sensational sweet-sour sauce sparked with garlic and ginger.
- Cut wings at joints into 3 pieces (reserve tips for another use). Rinse wing pieces; pat dry with paper towels. In large bowl, combine water, soy sauce, sugar, pineapple juice, oil, gingerroot and garlic; reserve 1 cup marinade and refrigerate.
- Arrange wings in bag. Add remaining marinade; remove air to bring marinade in contact with wings. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Place cooling rack in 10x15- inch foil-lined jelly roll pan. Arrange wings on rack. Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 F oven until brown (about 50 minutes).
- To Serve: In small saucepan, bring reserved 1 cup marinade to boiling. Pour into chafing dish; add hot wings.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.