Choosing real food for a better you
Looking for a way to improve
your health and wellness? Jump-start your diet with real, unprocessed foods!
Choose a variety of
fresh foods that are close to their natural state as possible – foods that are
unrefined, unprocessed or minimally processed, so you can get the maximum
amount of nutrients they offer naturally. Free from unhealthy fats and
artificial ingredients, these foods work for you, not against you.
that unprocessed equals boring? Remember, quality ingredients do not skimp on
flavor! You’ll discover a variety of tastes that will liven up your meals in
new and unexpected ways.
Not sure where to start? Look for foods
that meet the following criteria:
- Organic when possible
- Not processed or minimally processed
- Lunds & Byerlys All-Natural Standards
- Free of artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- Free of trans fats and partially hydrogenated oils
- Fresh meats that are pasture-raised and from animals not
given antibiotics, hormones or animal by-products.
- Responsibly-sourced seafood
- Free of high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners
- No bleached flours or sugars
Even eating this way part of the time offers a variety of
health benefits. Eating real, pure food can help you achieve and maintain a
healthy weight, promote health and reduce the risk of major chronic diseases.
Additionally, these foods promote good digestive health, which boosts the
immune system and allows your body to naturally achieve balance.