- 2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 6 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Ganache Glaze, below
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and lightly flour an 8-inch round cake pan.
- In large bowl, combine melted chocolate and melted butter, DO NOT MELT TOGETHER. Fold eggs into chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared cake pan. Place cake pan in 9x13-inch baking pan and fill 1 inch deep with warm water.
- Bake until just set in center (40-45 minutes). Remove cake from water bath; cool on rack for 20 minutes. Carefully run knife around edge of pan and invert cake onto flat-surfaced plate. Freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare Ganache Glaze. Carefully slip four 3-inch wide strips of parchment or waxed paper under edge of cake to catch drips. Slowly pour glaze over cake in order to cover top and sides, using an offset spatula to smooth glaze for a sleek finish. When chocolate hardens, carefully remove wax paper. Using knife dipped in cold water, cut into 10-12 slices.
Ganache Glaze: In small heavy saucepan, bring ¼ cup heavy whipping cream and 1 tablespoon light corn syrup to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips until smooth.