Chocolate Chia Custards with Fresh Fruit
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup chopped Medjool dates, approximately 7 dates
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened natural almond butter
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup organic fresh berries, such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or sliced strawberries
- Put all ingredients except for the chia seeds into a blender. Blend on high for 1 minute, until very smooth.
- On the lowest setting of the blender (2 or 3 in a Vitamix), slowly add all the chia seeds until incorporated into the mixture.
- Turn blender up to high and blend again for 1 minute, until very smooth.
- Pour custard mixture into 2 individual serving dishes and top with ½ cup fresh fruit for each serving. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.