3 years ago
The perfect hearty supper for fall! Serve with a salad and
warm corn bread from our bakery.
time: 2 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans
- In a
stock pot, brown ground beef; drain.
onions, celery and green pepper; sauté 10 minutes.
remaining ingredients except kidney beans; cover and simmer over low heat or
bake at 325 F for 1 – 1 ½ hours.
before serving, add drained kidney beans (do not drain if thinner consistency
is desired); return to heat until heated thoroughly.