Chicken Salad Platter
- 1 1/2 cups rosamarina, salad macs, or small macaroni shells
- boiling water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 9 cups cut-up cooked chicken or turkey
- 3 cups thinly sliced celery
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, divided
- 1 cup chopped Spanish olives
- 3-3 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon White Pepper
- leafy greens
- whole toasted almonds, or minced parsley
Great reception salad.
- Cook rosamarina in boiling salted water until tender (5-8 minutes); drain. Rinse with cold water, drain. In large mixing bowl, combine rosamarina, chicken, celery, 3 cut-up hard-cooked eggs and olives. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and white pepper; fold into chicken mixture. Refrigerate, covered.
- To Serve: Line large serving platter with leafy greens; spoon salad onto greens. Garnish with remaining hard-cooked eggs. Sprinkle with whole toasted almonds. (Other garnishes include pitted black olives, radish roses, grape clusters).
- Vartiation: Omit chopped Spanish olives; toss 3/4-1 cup sliced green onions into chicken mixture, add 1 1/2 teaspoon salt to mayonnaise mixture.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.