Chicken N Pistachio Roll-Ups
- 6 whole boneless chicken breasts, skin removed, halved
- 3/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 carton mushrooms, chopped, 8 ounce
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- - Sherry Wine Sauce, below
- chopped pistachios
- snipped fresh parsley
Baked in a delicious sauce.
- Flatten chicken between wax paper with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin to an even thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In small skillet, melt margarine. Saute mushrooms and pistachios over medium heat until all liquid evaporates. Stir in bread crumbs. Divide mixture into 12 equal portions; spoon onto center of each breast. Roll up jelly-roll fashion. Arrange, seam side down, in glass 9x13 inch baking pan. Spoon Sherry Wine Sauce over rolls. Can be prepared up to 24 hours before serving. Refrigerate, covered. Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 F oven until chicken is tender and juices run clear (about 40 minutes), basting once or twice.
- To Serve: Arrange on heated serving platter. Spoon remaining sauce over chicken. Garnish with pistachios and parsley.
Sherry Wine Sauce:
In small saucepan, combine 4 teaspoons cornstarch and 1 cup dry sherry until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup melted margarine or butter, 1/2 cup apricot preserves and 1/2 cup Chut-nut fruit chutney. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.