Bring the exotic tastes of India to your dinner table in less than an hour!
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 (11.5-ounce) cans tomato juice
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cooked basmati rice
Toppings: raisins, slivered toasted almonds, coconut, chopped crystallized ginger, mango chutney
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté chicken and onions until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear (8-10 minutes).
- Stir in tomato juice, chicken broth, curry, garlic, chili powder and salt.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until slightly thickened (about 25 minutes).
- Serve over rice with toppings of your choice.