Chicken Cherry Pasta Salad
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil for frying
- 2 ¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry gnocchi or shell pasta
- ¾ cup thinly sliced celery
- ¾ cup chopped red onion
- 1 (5 ounce) package dried cherries
- 1 ¼ cups mayonnaise
- 1 ¼ cups Lunds & Byerlys Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Lettuce or spinach, for serving
Heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken breasts on all sides until juices run clear (about 15 minutes); drain. Cool; cut into cubes. (Tip: For even faster prep, use Our Deli Pulled Rotisserie Chicken.)
Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. Rinse with cold water; drain.
Combine chicken, pasta, celery, onion and cherries.
Combine mayonnaise, poppy seed dressing, salt and pepper.
Fold 1 ¾ cups dressing into salad, reserving ¾ cup dressing. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
To serve, fold in walnuts; add remaining dressing as needed. Serve on a bed of your favorite greens.