Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry
This simple stir fry dinner comes together fast thanks to L&B Stir Fry Mix, a delicious blend of broccoli, bok choy, red pepper, red onion, carrots and snow peas. Tip: For a spicier stir fry, add ½ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes to the marinade.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
2 tablespoons organic honey
2 tablespoons water
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons avocado oil (divided)
2 (10-ounce) packages L&B Stir Fry Mix
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
2 scallions, chopped
½ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a small bowl combine tamari, honey and water. Cut chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Grate the ginger and slice the garlic.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil and the L&B Stir Fry Mix; sauté 4 minutes. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium high. Add 1 tablespoon oil and chicken to skillet. Sauté until nearly cooked through (with the insides still slightly pink), about 5 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium and add the garlic and ginger. Fry for 30 seconds, add the marinade and cook for an additional minute.
- Add sautéed vegetables and turn the heat back up to high. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring often, until the chicken is cooked. Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil. Serve immediately with brown rice, garnished with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.