Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups peeled and seeded 1-inch chunks butternut squash
- 1 cup chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrot
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoons ground celery seed
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, plus more if desired
- 1 cup apple cider
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- L&B uncured bacon crumbled, for garnish
Heat oil in a large pot set over medium-high heat. Add squash, leeks and carrot. Sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes.
Add apple, thyme and ground celery seed. Add broth and cider. Bring mixture to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes. Let mixture cool slightly.
Using an immersion blender, purée soup until smooth.
Add more chicken broth, if desired, to thin the soup until it reaches your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Bring soup to a simmer and serve hot. Garnish with cooked, crumbled bacon.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.