Blueberry Wild Rice Salad
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 cups Water
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1(11oz) can Mandarin oranges, well drained
- 3/4 cup Lunds or Byerly's Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- In saucepan combine wild rice, salt and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered until kernels are open and tender but not mushy (45-55 minutes). Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
- In large mixing bowl, combine wild rice, onion, blueberries, and oranges.
- In small mixing bowl, combine dressing and orange zest. Drizzle dressing over rice mixture and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, stir in almonds.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.