Black Bean Lasagna
- 2 (10 ounce) can restaurante style diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (6 ounce) can Tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) carton lite ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, (1 small)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (17 ounce) package frozen ready to use lasagna, divided
- 2 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package 6 cheese Italian recipe blend, shredded (2 cups)
A quick-to-prepare, easy main dish.
- In medium bowl, combine canned tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin and chili powder. In medium bowl, combine next 6 ingredients. In 9x13" baking dish, spread about 1 cup tomato sauce. Place lasagna noodles over sauce covering entire surface. Spread with 1/2 ricotta cheese mixture, 1/2 black beans and 1/3 shredded cheese. Spread with 1 cup tomato sauce. Top with a second layer of lasagna noodles. Spread with remaining ricotta cheese and beans and 1/3 shredded cheese. Spread with remaining tomato mixture and sprinkle with last 1/3 shredded cheese. Bake, covered, in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Uncover, continue to bake until hot and bubbly (about 25 minutes longer). Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.