Best Ever Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 3 cups uncooked quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
For a crisper cookie, press dough on baking sheets with the tines of a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In large mixer bowl, beat butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and eggs. In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients. On low speed, gradually add dry ingredients until thoroughly combined. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake until cookies are golden brown (13-15 minutes). Cool cookies on baking sheet 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
- Variations: Any one of the following may be added to cookie dough: 1 cup flake coconut, 1 cup chopped nuts, 1 cup dried apples or apricots, 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips, 1 cup raisins and 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries and 1 teaspoon grated orange peel.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.